Category Archives: Mary Katherine Heinrich

INTERACTING WITH ENERGY: Using Interactive Sub-Structures to Soften the Grid

(An Initial Research Prompt, Context Evaluation and Literature Review)

lost energy diagram

Of all the energy produced by petroleum, natural gas, coal, nuclear, and renewable sources, only 42.8% of it gets used. The rest is lost in inefficiencies. 38% of the total energy produced goes toward generating electricity for our buildings, but only 32.78% makes it to our outlets and devices. The other 67.21% of electricity generated for our buildings is lost in conversion and distribution(Derived from 2011 data, Harvard University)

Read More »

Posted in Mary Katherine Heinrich | Comments closed